Tuesday, February 02, 2010

One Month In...

I'm one month in to 2010 and I think I'm doing better than I was at this point last year - physically, emotionally and spiritually.  
  • I've been working really hard to cut out calories from my diet and for the most part have been successful, losing about 10 pounds so far.  
  • I've been hitting the gym almost every morning, and the foot seems to be holding up.  I'm thinking I may be able to walk the Maine Marathon in October.
  • This winter hasn't been as overwhelming as last year - there's less snow for one thing.  
  • We have a new church closer to our home, and while it still doesn't feel quite as comfortable as back home, it will be okay.
  • I still miss my family and friends, but Facebook is helping me to feel connected.  And therefore, sane.
  • There are still parts of my life that are overwhelming and difficult, but I think my coping skills are coming back.

So, all in all, I think I'm doing better than I was last year at this time.  As one of my favorite verses says, "For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him." (2 Chronicles 16:9a). I know that even when I despair and grieve the Lord is still watching over me, waiting for me to reach out to Him. 

No comments: